Re: trouble connecting to davs

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: trouble connecting to davs
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 12:12:58 +0100

bermel <bermel@email.de> writes:

Hi,

> I am not sure whether it is related to the language.

I've checked further. There is an error in Tramp. Internally, it tries
to call the "gio info *" command with an English locale, but it doesn't
work as expected.

I've fixed this, and my tests for this case run successfully now. Will
appear with the next GNU ELPA version of Tramp, 2.5.2.2, in a couple of
weeks.

For the time being, you could mask the problem by calling

# env LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 emacs

Best regards, Michael.