Re: Problem connecting to webdav share with path in sharename using Tram

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Problem connecting to webdav share with path in sharename using Tramp
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 22:14:26 +0100

manuel.deljesuspe@gmail.com writes:

> Dear all,

Hi Manuel,

> I would like to connect via Tramp to a webdav share where I have some
> files. I can mount the share in Gnome 42 (Fedora linux) without a
> problem and explore it with Nautilus. However, when I try to use Tramp
> to connect, Emacs does not seem to find the server.
>

> I am using the following syntax: /davs:username@server:path
>

> The webdav share that defines the server name contains a slash, that is
> service.host.es/sharename, and the path contains a space (which I
> cannot remove, since the webdav instance is configured that way), that
> is, the path reads: Base Folder/MyFolder
>
> All the complains that I receive from is the following error:
>
> [Error in post-command-hook (vertico--exhibit): (user-error "Filename
> must contain a WebDAV share")]
>
> Emacs/Tramp does not provide more information in the *Messages* buffer,
> so I would appreciate if you could tell me how to investigate the issue
> to try to provide better information to solve it.
>
> Your help will be really appreciated

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately, I cannot check Tramp's dav method
just now, because on my local system (Fedora 37) I'm plagued with the
gio error "Message is already in session queue". See for example
<https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gvfs/-/issues/636>.

However, we'll test on your system. Pls set tramp-verbose to 10, and
rerun your test. Show the resulting debug buffer.

The steps how to do are mentioned in the Tramp manual, chapters "7
Reporting Bugs and Problems" and "10 How to Customize Traces".

> Regards
>
> Manu

Best regards, Michael.