`tramp-**-handle-insert-directory` does not handle empty directories wel

From: Ruiyang Wu
Subject: `tramp-**-handle-insert-directory` does not handle empty directories well
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 18:51:02 -0500

Hi,

Thanks for maintaining this great software. Recently I started to use Tramp and
found that opening an empty directory in dired-mode from the remote machine
(ssh in my use case) displays a string "//DIRED-OPTIONS//
--quoting-style=literal” which is not intended for human read. Opening an empty
directory on my local machine does not have this. It looks like the following
code from files.el deals with this scenario:
>       ;; Take care of the case where the ls output contains a
>       ;; "//DIRED-OPTIONS//"-line, but no "//DIRED//"-line
>       ;; and we went one line too far back (see above).
>       (forward-line 1))
>     (if (looking-at "//DIRED-OPTIONS//")
> (delete-region (point) (progn (forward-line 1) (point))))))

I use Emacs 28.2 with built in Tramp 2.5.3.28.2. I tried the latest Tramp
2.6.0.2 and see the same behavior.

Best,
Ruiyang