tsp-devel

[Tsp-devel] Re: FW: Attempting to build TSP on FreeBSD

From: Pedro F. Giffuni
Subject: [Tsp-devel] Re: FW: Attempting to build TSP on FreeBSD
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:11:12 -0000

Hello Ives and everyone;

Thanks for the instructions, I got started now. I'll have to modify src/core/include/tsp:abs_types.h. It looks like the OpenBSD port only supports i386 so I'll start by copying the linux stuff (FreeBSD also runs on AMD64, SPARC64, Alpha, ppc and MIPS although the last three are not pier 1 platforms).

On to why I want this.. well..althought I'm a mechanical engineer and I don't discard using this for something "serious" someday (any jobs @ astrium? ;) )... I'm only doing it because I have some spare time this week and I want to have jsynoptic working with all the bells and whistles.

best regards,

   Pedro.

TSP wrote:

Hello,

I'm very glad to see somebody trying a port of TSP on FreeBSD.
One TSP developer already managed a port to OpenBSD, and I hope it will be
quite similar.
The bug you got is quite simple, the configure didn't find you OS, that's
why it tries a build with TSP_TARGET=unknown and failed.

To fix it, I propose two step if you agree.
- You directly modify the tsp/make/Makebuild.list, and replace
TSP_TARGET=unknown by TSP_TARGET=freebsd
 You copy the Makeparams.openbsd and Makeparams.openbsd.debug into the
Makeparams.freebsd.xxxx
 Then you do the make again, with maybe some other fixes inside the code,
but I guess it will work fine.
- Then you mail us any changes you made, and we'll change the configure for
adding the automatic FreeBSD detection.

I've put the tsp-devel mailing list in copy, maybe others developers will
got another point of view.
May I ask you for what purpose you want to use TSP ?
If you need any explanation or documents, please feel free to ask.

Yves