uracoli-devel

[uracoli-devel] Regarding the buffer_t structure

From: rifo rifo
Subject: [uracoli-devel] Regarding the buffer_t structure
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:51:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

I have been going through the source code to get a better understanding of
uracoli. Once again, thanks for sharing the project with the community. It is
very informative to go through a well written C code.

My question is about the " uint8_t data[] "  element of the buffer_t structure.
While I was going through the lin_buffer.c file I haven't come across a
statement to allocates space for the data[] array.
This may be basic (so please bear with me again) but how come does avr-gcc know
how much space to allocate for the array?

In the xmpl_linbuf_rx.c file, we initialize the structure buffer_init() and
then start getting data with buffer_get_char().

Thanks a lot for your time
Rifat