uracoli-devel

Re: [uracoli-devel] SPI speed issues when transmitting a frame with radi

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [uracoli-devel] SPI speed issues when transmitting a frame with radio_send_frame()
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 23:50:41 +0200

As Charles Goyard wrote:

> My feeling is that the API could be split into two parts:
> - a low-level API with maximum control over simple things
> - an "easy api" ala libcurl-easy that wraps common actions together

I think that's already there: the first group is the "transceiver
access functions" (roughly, everything starting with "trx_"), and the
second one is the "radio access functions" (starting with "radio_").

I found the latter simple to use, yet sufficient for standard tasks,
like simple frame exchanges between known peers, including automatic
acknowledgements and all that.  I've successfully built two remote
control setups with these functions now, including power save setups
for the handheld devices.  The handheld in my current setup is based
on my own tiny230 board, and I've almost been surprised to see a sleep
current below 200 nA.  Sleep currents below 1 µA are always a bit
tricky, as any kind of contamination on the board, in particular
remnants of flux which are often hygroscopic, can easily cause leakage
currents of that magnitude.