uracoli-devel

[uracoli-devel] Question regarding LQI and ED values [Update]

From: Eric Jennings
Subject: [uracoli-devel] Question regarding LQI and ED values [Update]
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 20:21:13 -0700

Hi there again-

In working through the random dropped pings, I was digging through the data
sheet and came across the XTAL_MODE setting, to turn off the internal
oscillator if using an external oscillator.  I gave it a shot, disabling the
internal osc.

Now I get 100% ping response!

Correlation, not sure it's causation yet, but I'm very happy.  The two radio
boards are about 40 feet away from each other, one in a room on the second
story, and the other down in the basement surrounded by concrete.

I'm quite pleased, despite the negative reviews I read about the Sparkfun dev
boards being of poor RF design.

-Eric