usbb2k-api-dev

Re: [Usbb2k-api-dev] P4K Development

From: yealink
Subject: Re: [Usbb2k-api-dev] P4K Development
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:11:02 +0100

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 01:50:13PM +0000, Adam J. P. Wood wrote:
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> I can't immediately see any difference between the usb-p1k and the usb-p4k.
> USB programming is not my thing but I'll keep looking. I have a feeling this
> could be very tricky.

>From an USB bus perspective there's no way to distinguish between P1K and P4K.
I suppose Yealink has a specific command that can query the phone model in its
protocol. (Hopefully Yealink will eventually make the spec public.)

In the meantime we could enhance the driver with a tunable parameter
that sets the model to a specific type.

For example a sysfs interface "/sys/..../model" you could set to P1K or P4K.

The keyboard mappings for the P4K should be easily fixed once you turn on
debugging in the yealink driver.

In the standalone version turn on debugging n the makefile by appending
  V=1 to the MAKE_OPTS variable.

Cheers,
Henk

> If anyone has better ideas about USB, I'm prepared to put the time in to try
> and make this work but I need some pointers on how to tell which phone is
> plugged in.
I suppose we need to compare USB message logs of P1K and P4K to figure
that one out.