Re: Help on the installation

From: Fergus Henderson
Subject: Re: Help on the installation
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 16:45:10 +1000

On 06-Jul-2001, Hao Zhou <address@hidden> wrote:
> I met some problem when I tried to install GUN_Prolog.

It's "GNU Prolog", not "GNU_Prolog".

> The installation instruction is as following:
> cd src
> ./configure[OPTIONS}
> make
> make install
>
> When I typed ./configure in windows 2000. It always
> remind me configure is not a valid internal or
> external command. I am confused.

I haven't installed GNU Prolog on Windows myself, but no doubt the
problem is that you need to type this in a bash shell window (which
you can activate by clicking on Start/Programs/Cygnus Solutions/Cygwin
Bash Shell).

> If I already installed cygwin, do I still need to
> install GUN-Prolog?

If you want to run Prolog programs, yes.

> cygwin is a compiler. GUN_prolog
> is also a compiler, isn't?

Cygwin includes a C compiler, but no Prolog compiler.
GNU Prolog is a Prolog compiler.

--
Fergus Henderson <address@hidden>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit