Re: Prolog under OpenBSD2.9

From: Markus Schneider
Subject: Re: Prolog under OpenBSD2.9
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:04:03 +0100

Detlef Sax wrote:

> On 12-Mar-2002 Markus Schneider wrote:
> > Hello,
> Dito,
> > OpenBSD2.9 System but I have got an Error
> > when have tried to run make. The Error looks
>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> make is not make :-)
> Do you have a GNU make available? Called gmake at FreeBSD.
>
> [...]
> > Stop in /opt/download/gprolog-1.2.8/src/EnginePl (line 59 of Makefile).
> > *** Error code 1
> [...]
> > I don't understand these Error lines because
> > I' m not a C-Programmer. So I hope someone of
> [...]
>
> I'm still not a C programmer too.
>
> gruß
> Detlef
> --
> Try, error, curse systems at http://www.noart.de/.

Thanx Detlef,

this was the right tip, I really used the make of OpenBSD instead of
the gnu make.
But I still having the problem that I get an Error when I try to compile
the source. I run ./configure with the option --disable-linedit as it is
described in gprolog-1.2.8/PROBLEMS but now I get the following Error:

gplc -c foreign.wam
/tmp/gplcc19511.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/gplcc19511.s:74: Error: Unknown pseudo-op:  `.string'
compilation failed
gmake[1]: *** [foreign.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/download/gprolog-1.2.8/src/BipsPl'
gmake: *** [all] Error 1

But what does it mean? Has anyone an idea how I can fix
this problem?

Maybe there is a package for OpenBSD2.9 I didn't find.

With kind regards

Markus Schneider