Re: Always the problem between gplc/gcc--obj_chain and initialization

From: spratt
Subject: Re: Always the problem between gplc/gcc--obj_chain and initialization
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:33:40 -0500

On Friday, August 30, 2002, at 09:12  AM, Timo Karjalainen wrote:

Is there a way to suppress this obj_chain stuff in GNU Prolog? If one has
a C main() and doesn't use the initialization directive, these symbols
shouldn't be necessary. Also suppressing the search would speed up program
start up.

Unfortunately, I believe that the obj_chain processing is essential to the basic gprolog execution. As I mentioned in my earlier note there are many system initializations, as well as any number of user initializations. I think that the system initializations *must* be done in order to run gprolog *at all*, and these are done by way of the obj_chain mechanism.

-lindsey