[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Logtalk 2.28.0 released
Logtalk 2.28.0 released
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:40:34 +0100
[Apologies for any cross posting]
Logtalk 2.28.0 is now available for downloading from the Logtalk web
This release includes major features and important bug fixes. Major
highlights are experimental support for multi-threading programming,
much improved support for defining meta-predicates, improved
integration with several Prolog compilers (including B-Prolog,
ECLiPSe, SICStus Prolog, SWI-Prolog, XSB, and YAP), a new Windows GUI
installer and an improved Linux RPM package.
This release uses new versions of the Prolog configuration files that
are incompatible with previous versions. Be sure to upgrade your
LOGTALKUSER folder (by running the "cplgtdirs" shell script) before
From the release notes:
* Updated the Logtalk license to the final version of the "The
Artistic License 2.0" (see http://www.perlfoundation.org/legal/ for
* Added experimental support for multi-threading programming on
selected Prolog compilers. Added a new object directive, threaded/0,
a new predicate directive, atomic/1, and four new built-in
predicates, threaded_call/1-2 and threaded_exit/1-2. Added a new set
of examples, "threads". Thanks to Paulo Nunes for helping developing
and testing these new features.
* Expanded support for meta-predicates by allowing the declaration of
meta-arguments as closures instead of goals.
* Added the generalized call/N predicate as a built-in method. This
built-in method must be used in the implementation of meta-predicates
which work with closures instead of goals.
* The metapredicate/1 directive should be considered deprecated. Use
the meta_predicate/1 directive instead.
* Updated the Logtalk compiler to generate an error whenever a non-
variable meta-argument is found in a clause head of a user-defined
* Improved compilation of meta-predicate meta-arguments. Corrected a
bug in the compilation of user meta-predicates that allowed illegal
calls to non-public predicates on the caller object to be made from
the object defining the meta-predicates. Thanks to Rémy Haemmerlé and
François Fages for reporting the problem.
* Improved performance for non-cached messages, notably when running
with YAP, GNU Prolog, and SWI-Prolog on all operating systems and
with SICStus Prolog 4.0 on POSIX operating systems.
* Updated the Logtalk compiler to generate an error whenever a
predicate directive appears in a source file after predicate clauses
that call the predicate specified in the directive.
* Added support for "copyright" and "license" keys to the info/1
entity documenting directive.
* Improved compiler error messages to also report source file line
number for selected Prolog compilers.
* Added PDF versions of all the manual XHTML pages. Added links to
all the manual XHTML pages to the corresponding PDF versions.
* Corrected a bug (introduced in version 2.27.0) in the built-in
predicates abolish_object/1, abolish_protocol/1, and abolish_category/
1 that resulted in some clauses not being retracted when an object is
abolished (thanks to Neng-Fa Zhou for the bug report).
* Corrected a bug (introduced in version 2.27.1) in the processing of
the term_expansion/2 predicate.
* Corrected a bug in the compilation of redefined built-in predicates
with no clauses.
* Added an experimental config file for CxProlog 0.93.1.
* Updated the SWI-Prolog config and hook files in order to support
the edit/1 and make/0 development predicates.
* Changed the Logtalk - SWI-Prolog integration scripts to load the
hook file "swihook.pl" after the other files in order to avoid some
possible errors at startup.
* Updated the config file for the forthcoming SICStus Prolog 4.0
version to work in the current beta version. Modified the
"make_sicstuslgt.*" shell scripts to work with both SICStus Prolog
3.12 and 4.0 versions.
* Updated the config file for YAP to workaround a problem on the
Windows version where testing for directory existence fails if the
path ends with a slash (or a double backslash); this problem prevents
the use of library notation to load source files (problem already
fixed in the current YAP CVS version).
* Updated the config file for B-Prolog to match (and require) the new
6.9 version; added integration shell scripts (for both Windows and
* Updated the config files and the integration scripts for ECLiPSe in
order to workaround bugs on the predicates abolish/1 and
canonical_path_name/2. Modified the "make_eclipselgt.js" script to
work with both ECLiPSe 5.8 and 5.9 versions.
* Dropped support for versions of XSB older than 3.0. Added support
for smart compilation of source files to the XSB config file.
* Updated the config file for IF/Prolog 5.1 by adding a missing
definition for predicate retractall/1 and avoiding some harmless
* Add a ".txt" extension to all "NOTES" and "SCRIPT" files.
* Extended "dcgs", "parametric", and "metainterpreters" examples.
* Added Inno Setup GUI Windows installer script.
* Update all the JScript scripts to check if a compatible version of
WSH is installed and to workaround some problems with spaces in file
* Updated the "lgt_install.js" JScript script to copy the scripts/
*.bat and the xml/*.bat batch scripts to the system's Windows
directory instead of modifying the PATH environment variable.
* Updated the "cplgtdirs.*" shell scripts to make a backup copy of
any previous LOGTALKUSER directory.
* Added post-install scripts to the LINUX RPM "logtalk.spec" file for
setting the environment variable LOGTALKHOME for all users, defining
a default value for the environment variable LOGTALKUSER, and running
the Prolog integration scripts.
* Split the installation and customization instructions in two files,
"INSTALL.txt" and "CUSTOMIZE.txt".
* Added shell scripts for converting the manual XHTML pages into PDF
files using CSSToXSLFO.
The CVS tag for this release is "lgt2280".
Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura
Dep. of Computer Science, University of Beira Interior
6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal
Office 4.3 Ext. 3257
Phone: +351 275319891 Fax: +351 275319899
Home page: <http://www.di.ubi.pt/~pmoura>
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- Logtalk 2.28.0 released,
Paulo Moura <=