varnamproject-discuss

Re: [Varnamproject-discuss] Can't get libvarnam-ibus to work

From: Kevin Martin
Subject: Re: [Varnamproject-discuss] Can't get libvarnam-ibus to work
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 20:59:34 +0530

cloned the repo and ran varnamd with root privileges. No change.

I have the following running:

1. ibus-daemon
2. ibus-engine -l ml -n varnam (not sure if "varnam" as the engine name is a correct parameter. Had this command running in the terminal)
3. sudo varnam-sync -l ml. Forgot what this does. Ran it anyways.

varnamd is in path and is also in visudo.

I followed the instructions I had wrote down here: https://github.com/lonesword/varnam-docs

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Navaneeth K N <address@hidden> wrote:
On 17/03/16 1:15 AM, Kevin Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone try and install libvarnam and varnam-ibus recently? I could
> not get ibus to print malyalam. libvarnam installed fine, varnamc -t is
> transliterating. However, selecting the 'varnam' option under malayalam
> still prints english text. Ibus itself is working because I can type in
> Arabic.
>
> Running KDE plasma 5.5.3.
>
> @Navaneeth, Is there a way to debug /print logs of the running Ibus
> process?

This is because the master branch of ibus-varnam is unstable. It depends
on `varnamd` to do the corpus synchroniztion. So if you install
`varnamd` and make sure `varnamd` executable is in the path, all should
work fine.

--
Thanks,
Navaneeth