RE: Structure of hurd.gnu.org

From: Jim Franklin
Subject: RE: Structure of hurd.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 23:52:47 -0700

Hi Ognyan,
 Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. I have the next two days free and
will be pushing on the web pages during this time. I personally like the
xhtml concept because of its versatility in adding languages. I don't think
it would be well accepted by the gnu webmasters though. One of the basic
guidelines is to use as simple and backward compatible html as possible to
be able to reach as diverse a spectrum of people as possible. I think we can
get away with using html 4 but I think that is the extent of it. I was
hoping to use XML but had to discard the idea because of the gnu guidelines.
Also since paulv is help us with hooking the source code in, I reckon we
should follow the guidelines whenever possible.

Jim