RE: Structure of hurd.gnu.org

From: Jim Franklin
Subject: RE: Structure of hurd.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 00:46:35 -0700

cool, have fun

-----Original Message-----
From: Ognyan Kulev [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 12:37 AM
To: Jim Franklin
Cc: Ognyan Kulev; address@hidden

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 11:52:47PM -0700, Jim Franklin wrote:
> Hi Ognyan,
>  Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. I have the next two days free
and
> will be pushing on the web pages during this time. I personally like the
> xhtml concept because of its versatility in adding languages. I don't
think
> it would be well accepted by the gnu webmasters though. One of the basic
> guidelines is to use as simple and backward compatible html as possible to
> be able to reach as diverse a spectrum of people as possible. I think we
can
> get away with using html 4 but I think that is the extent of it. I was
> hoping to use XML but had to discard the idea because of the gnu
guidelines.
> Also since paulv is help us with hooking the source code in, I reckon we
> should follow the guidelines whenever possible.

I'm going to make site with that structure that uses XHTML.  After that we
can use the pages that are already transformed to HTML.  I understand
hurd.gnu.org is not going to be generated from XHTML soon.

BTW Making this site I mean "here is my vision how hurd.gnu.org should look
like: let's use some parts".  Now is a time when I feel capable of making a
whole site and i'll do it:))

Regards
--
Ognyan Kulev <address@hidden>, "\"Programmer\""