Re: L4 Hurd web page

From: root
Subject: Re: L4 Hurd web page
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 13:25:03 +0100

On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 12:19:14PM +0100, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> there is an html page on the upcoming L4/Hurd porting efforts on GNU's web
> site. http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/l4-hurd.html

This page remained from old versions of the web page.  As you noticed,
the content is not integrated in the new version.

> I would kindly suggest adding a pointer to l4-hurd.html to the "development"
> section (http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/devel.html)

This confuses people who are new and want to find out what the status of the
Hurd is.  People got the impression that L4 is the immediate next step of
development for the Hurd, which it is not.  L4 and Hurd have a long way to
go before they can work with each other.  I think that before pointing to
possible future developments of the Hurd, there is much more work to be done
to document the current status accurately.

There are many old pages in the web site which are not accessible.
Occasionally I clean bits of it up, but on the other hand, I don't want
to break links and search indexes for no reason, so the old pages stick around
until they are obsoleted.

Thanks,
Marcus