Re: Development news

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: Re: Development news
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 00:05:02 +0100

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

   > Hmmm... Maybe we could update the NEWS file instead; where we
   > could point at for anyone interested in what has happened.

   Right.  What about doing both?

What about doing only one and having a link to the NEWS file?  Seems
like to redundant to be for any use IMHO.

Pointing is not enough. People need to see at first that work is going on. Then there would be no more questions like "Is someone working on it", "your last news entry is half a year old, are you dead?", <your favorite still-alive-nag>.

Moreover, HTML is more beautiful than plain text in a graphical browser.

Patrick
--
Engineers motto:  | Patrick Strasser
[ ] cheap         | <past at sbox dot tugraz dot at>