Re: Dead site?

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Dead site?
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:51:54 +0100

At Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:31:10 +0100,
Alfred M Szmidt wrote:

>    The HURD pages appear not to have been updated since 2003, if the
>    "What's New" section is to be believed.
>
> If you read the section, it is mostly about new stuff on the web
> pages, not for the Hurd.

This is true, but doesn't need to be this way.  Major development
achievements should be mentioned, and of course all events concerning
the Hurd.

For example, typical things for such news items are conferences with
Hurd talks, and occurances in the press.

I was sloppy myself with doing this (like, I was in Prague last year,
and that should have been on the web page).  It just needs somebody to
actively care about it.  It requires quite different skills than
hacking, so this may be an opportunity for a non-hacker person who
wants to help, too.

Thanks,
Marcus