[Wesnoth-dev] Proposal for New Naga Units

From: Richard Kettering
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Proposal for New Naga Units
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:22:50 -0600

No graphics drawn yet, because I'd like to have the units approved before I actually draw them.

The naga are, in my mind, not *natively* a water race. They happen to have one line - the fighter line, that works very well in water, but I'd like their complete race to have some that do not work well in shallow water, and perhaps can't even enter deep water.

1] An armored line with a shield and a mace. Slower, stronger, and more resilient than the fighter line, and with less strikes. Does terribly in water. 2] A line with bows, which fire poisoned arrows, even at level-1 (though they only get two shots). Does rather well in water.

(Uses a bow which is not made from materials which would be damaged by water - such things exist in our modern times, and *could* have back in the day, especially for a race which could much more easily get its hands on submerged building materials)

That's it for now, I think I'd draw those first and see how they play, before adding any others.

-Richard