[Wesnoth-dev] Wiki: to register or not to register?

From: Jordà Polo
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] Wiki: to register or not to register?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:36:03 +0100

For those of you who didn't know, I'm slowly working on the new wiki (my
time is limited these days).

 1. http://wesnoth.slack.it/pmwiki/

Most of you (developers, contributors...) have now a privileged account
on the wiki: use your phpBB usename and password. If I have missed you,
please le met know!

The wiki is currently restricted, but my idea was to open it to everyone
(except for some special pages) once the migration is finished.

frame suggested today on IRC[2] that it could be a good idea to
restrict the edits to registered users (using phpBB accounts, for
example).

 2. http://wesnoth.debian.net/#wesnoth-dev-2005-03-21.log

Personally, I prefer the wiki to stay as open as possible. But if we
continue having problems with the new wiki (I mean vandalism not
spamming), that is always an option.

Any thoughts?