Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Some minor glitches

From: ott
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Some minor glitches
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:28:45 +0200

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 02:49:58PM +0200, Isaac Clerencia wrote:
> The Spanish translator has just reported some minor glitches in Wesnoth,
> including two screenshots to show them.
>
> He says that in the "orbs" help page, the text appears really close to the
> images (see orbes.jpg), and it would be nice to have them a bit more
> separated. In addition, lots of help items doesn't fit in the left menu, may
> be it should be made a bit bigger.

Translators are free to change the layout of the help page as they
see fit.  Inserting a space before the text should create a larger gap:
eg. "Verde..." -> " Verde...".  If there is general agreement I could
just add nontranslatable spaces into the help.cfg file.

Agreed that the left menu is probably too narrow, even many of the English
subheadings are truncated.  Making it wider would make the right pane
narrower, though.  Lack of space is already causing undesirable wrapping,
for instance with unit descriptions in French.  Perhaps the help pane
needs to be larger on higher resolutions?  It pretty much fills the
screen on 800x600 but is relatively much smaller on high resolutions
such as 1344x840, so the extra resolution does not yield very much extra
horizontal space for help.

> The other problem is related to help text formatting, it looks like it always
> adds a space after a link, causing some weird things like it's shown in
> "formato_texto.jpg".

Indeed.  Perhaps a bug in help_text_area::add_text_item(), possibly
related to the link having colour markup?

-- address@hidden