wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] Building on OS X and 1.8...

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Building on OS X and 1.8...
Date: 30 Jun 2003 21:20:37 -0700

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 20:51, Richard Kilmer wrote:
> now when I build...
>
> In file included from button.cpp:7:
> button.h:77: `wxToggleButton' was not declared in this scope

Very strange. The button.h and button.cpp files you attached are
identical to my copies, so it's not a wxpp.rb problem.

At the top of button.h, we include wx/tglbtn.h, which should declare
wxToggleButton. I'm using wxWindows 2.4.0. Are you using something
different?

Doh! I just looked at wx/tglbtn.h. It has cases for MSW and GTK, and the
others are commented out! Apparently Mac folks aren't worthy of toggle
buttons. Bah. Um, for now I guess you'll have to comment out or
otherwise remove the togglebutton class from button.h and button.cpp.

Interesting. Yup, right there in the docs it says "NB: This class is
only available under wxMSW and wxGTK currently." Bummer!

According to the docs,  wxIconizeEvent won't be generated except on MSW
or GTK, but it doesn't say whether the class itself exists. No other
classes are documented as being missing, but you may find out
differently. You may also find a method here or there that's not
available to you.

If you get an error like that, check the docs. Then try commenting it
out, and post a note to the list so I can check further, and other folks
can be aware of it.

Thanks much,

Kevin