wxruby-dev

[Wxruby-dev] Building on OS X...SUCCESS!

From: Richard Kilmer
Subject: [Wxruby-dev] Building on OS X...SUCCESS!
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 09:41:18 -0400

Kevin...you rock.

It took me all of about 45 minutes to work through the incompatibilities. I commented out/changed stuff that does not work on OS X...I am instead going to replace with #ifdef statements so you can include it in the distribution. Wow...cool...this is the first time we have a native toolkit working on win32, linux and os x from Ruby.

I will send you the modified files, but the list is:

button.cpp (togglebutton stuff)
button.h (same)
combobox.cpp (cannot do append with data)
eventhandler.cpp (togglebutton stuff)
fontdialog.cpp (on OS X its called wxGenericFontDialog instead of wxFontDialog) region.cpp (can't do the region construction w/points/fillstyle AND does not have offset method)

That's it...I did have to craft the Makefile in two little spots, but very minor.

I ran the minimal.rb...and a couple of other...the behavior is a bit weird, but we can work through that!

Best,

-Rich