wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] Building on OS X...SUCCESS!

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Building on OS X...SUCCESS!
Date: 03 Jul 2003 07:07:03 -0700

On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 23:22, Gour wrote:
> Kevin Smith (address@hidden) wrote:
>
> Hi Kevin!
>
> > I'll get to the other patches this week. Thanks for sending them. Now
> > I'm getting excited about the Windows version in the works!
>
> Does it mean that the Linux code is ready for testing?

Yes. It's still "alpha" quality, so you'll find some problems with it.
And it has only been tested with Debian Linux. And we don't yet have a
document that lists the wxruby name for each wxWindows method. But the
rule is that FunctionsLikeThis become functions_like_this.

I believe the API is pretty stable, and most features that have been
implemented seem to work pretty well. We have lots of little sample
programs available. We just haven't released a package, so you'll have
to pull the source from CVS and build it yourself.

I would LOVE to get feedback from other Linux developers.

Kevin