wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] Building on OS X...SUCCESS!

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Building on OS X...SUCCESS!
Date: 01 Jul 2003 07:37:24 -0700

On Tue, 2003-07-01 at 06:41, Richard Kilmer wrote:
> include it in the distribution.  Wow...cool...this is the first time we
> have a native toolkit working on win32, linux and os x from Ruby.

Very cool!

> button.cpp (togglebutton stuff)
> button.h (same)

I have already checked in changes that should fix those. I also changed
wxpp.rb so you shouldn't get any more warnings under Ruby 1.8.

> combobox.cpp (cannot do append with data)
> eventhandler.cpp (togglebutton stuff)
> fontdialog.cpp (on OS X its called wxGenericFontDialog instead of
> wxFontDialog)
> region.cpp (can't do the region construction w/points/fillstyle AND
> does not have offset method)
>
> That's it...I did have to craft the Makefile in two little spots, but
> very minor.

I'll fix these when I get the modified code from you.

> I ran the minimal.rb...and a couple of other...the behavior is a bit
> weird, but we can work through that!

Now I'm curious what "weird" is. :-)

I'm probably most curious how the toolbar, treectrl, and controls demos
work for you, since they involve complex widgets. You may need to add
tests around some of the constructors, like for the ToggleButton. And a
simple screenshot, even of minimal, would be awesome when you get a
chance.

Anyway, congrats, and thanks to Park for creating a solid platform for
me to start from.

Kevin