wxruby-dev

Re: Rer [Wxruby-dev] Building on OS X...SUCCESS!

From: Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: Rer [Wxruby-dev] Building on OS X...SUCCESS!
Date: 04 Jul 2003 13:35:44 -0700

On Fri, 2003-07-04 at 13:23, Gour wrote:
> I thought it could be a problem sicne I compiled wx for
> gtk2 & unicode, so I re-installed wx for gtk (--with-gtk),
> but still I get the same error.

You do want wx for gtk. Just not with unicode.

> It looks like the problem is since my locale is set to utf-8.
(snip)
> So I should give up my locale utf-8?

I don't think your locale matters here. It's how wxWindows is built.
Since I use a binary package for wxWindows, I'm not that familiar with
the build process. But somehow you need to disable unicode support. The
wxWindows imply that the answer may be in their install.txt.

> I am so accustomed to use utf-8 and thereby avoid iso-latin-x hell.

I set my locale to utf-8 for a while, but it didn't work with some apps,
so I finally switched back. I would love to go pure utf-8 on my system,
and probably will try again at some point.

Kevin