wxruby-dev

Re: [Fwd: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Windows Build]

From: John Platte
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Wxruby-dev] Windows Build]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:31:51 -0500

On Thursday, Jul 10, 2003, at 10:18 America/Chicago, Kevin Smith wrote:

The second change looks like it might fix the "warning: tried to create
Proc object without a block" errors that John Platte was reporting under
OS X, too.

It does.

However, some of the changes checked in to CVS since my post (2003-07-08 20:30?) have resulted in samples/treectrl/treetest.rb not displaying a window, but only the "no bitmap handler for type 9 defined." dialog I described earlier.

I'm also not getting any additional STDERR output, if that's what the evt_menu debugging stuff you mentioned is supposed to do. I think that perhaps several of the problems I'm seeing have to do with the absence of any of the stuff that registers a program with the Mac. The Mac needs more metadata to support a program, since the system is more integrated than in Windows or X Windows, where you just throw a window up. The .cpp samples in the wxMac distribution actually build a whole .app bundle for the program. While I don't think all that is necessary just to get something to show a menu bar, it may be an indication of where to look to get this to work.

Sometime in the next few business days I'll install wxPython and report on what I see there...

--
John Platte
Principal Consultant, NIKA Consulting