wxruby-dev

Re: [Wxruby-dev] MinGW build, a problem + what about bcc build

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [Wxruby-dev] MinGW build, a problem + what about bcc build
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:51:24 +0200

KONTRA Gergely (address@hidden) wrote:

> in install.rb: the new name is wxruby.so
> And wxwindows' version is 2.4.1 now. (at least)
> BTW: why must install.rb copy the dll?

I even didn't notice (so far) that there is install.rb. (I always manually
copied
wxruby.so in proper folder :-)

> My only problem, that I can run the examples just in the mingw shell.
> When I tried to run it from plain windows, it complained about missing
> files.
>
> Can anybody verify it? Or am I missing something?

Here the samples are running normally under MSDOS prompt?

Do you have your \path_to_ruby\bin & \path_to_mingw_lib in your %PATH?

(MSYS put that automagically, and therefore can find whatever is needed.)

> bcc
> How about a bcc build? The bcc compiler is quicker, and produces smaller
> executables. And it is a free compiler...

MinGW is also free and, imho, it's nice to have configure mechanism (with MSYS)
instead
of tweaking Makefiles.

> Or can anyone tune the mingw settings?

When I'd have more time, I can try with bcc, but at the moment no time & I'm
not at
all familiar wiht bcc.

Maybe looking at wxWindows Makefile can help you.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour