[XBoard-devel] Engine-Specific Settings dialog

From: h.g. muller
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Engine-Specific Settings dialog
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 16:19:49 +0200

I tried to make a dialog in WinBoard that shows all the options an engine
has defined through feature option="..." commands, and allows you to set them.
(For UCI engine running under Michel's Polyglot you would see all UCI options
there.) It seems to work very nice for me (Win XP, Win 2K), but for some
others (Using Win98SE or Win ME) it is a disaster:

http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29286

I am afraid this is a bit beyond my knowledge of Windows API, and I don't have
a Win 9 on which I can experiment. Does anyone have any idea what could be
the difference between XP/2k and 98/ME that could cause such a dramatic
problem?