[XBoard-devel] autogen.sh

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] autogen.sh
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 14:15:23 -0700

Hi

got a few emails complaining about having to run autogen.sh to create the
./configure script.

Just read a bit about it and running "autoreconf -i --force" would install all
the missing files that autogen.sh creates and we could get rid of autogen.sh
and instead add these files into version control:

aclocal.m4
configure
config.h.in
autom4te.cache
ylwrap
texinfo.tex
mkinstalldirs
missing
mdate-sh
Makefile.in
install-sh
INSTALL
depcomp
config.sub
config.guess

I have to say that I'm not that familiar with the autotools and am wondering if
for example aclocal.m4 is something that should be generated on the local
computer or can we distribute one that has been created on my computer... same
with the other files...

cheers
        ARUN