Re: [XBoard-devel] WinBoard sources missing

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] WinBoard sources missing
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 13:45:13 -0800

Hi

Tim Mann wrote:
> Hmm, why aren't we including the WinBoard-only sources in the tarball
> too?  I don't see a reason to remove them.  Arun?
>
> On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 12:53:36 +0100, "h.g. muller" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I see that the source tar ball we now offer from the GNU download section
>> is not the same as the one in the git repository, but is now completely
>> cleansed of WinBoard sources. I had not really planned on distributing
>> sources from the WinBoard forum, so people that were looking for them
>> are now looking in the wrong place, and complaining about it.

oops. I'll add them back. Guess they were kicked out when I rewrote
parts  of the configure mechanism and nobody caught it up to now...

I'll add the winboard directory back in, so that it will be included in
a "make distcheck". Guess I'll release a 4.4.1a for this by latest this
weekend with just the winboard sources added (might have time today, but
should be able to do it on the weekend for sure).

>> As an aside: I see now that the Shogi bitmaps are included in the root of
>> the tar ball (and have thus ended up in the XBoard-only distribution),
>> while these are simply duplicats of those in the winboard/shogibitmaps
>> directory. They are not used in building XBoard, and even have the wrong
>> format for that. (They are Windows .bmp files.)

so xboard/shogibitmaps can be deleted from git and we keep only
xboard/winboard/shogibitmaps?

ARUN