[XBoard-devel] Can xboard become some xboard.pet?

From: Sébastien Mathis
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Can xboard become some xboard.pet?
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 19:38:20 +0100 (BST)

Hello,

I'm a user of Toutou Linux, a french distro based on the famous OS Puppy Linux. Indeed, my old laptop doesn't run new Linux OS (Debian, Ubuntu, etc...) and I decided to choose this OS.
But here is my problem, this distro has its own Packet Manager, which is named PupGet, and I didn't saw that xboard was compatible on this kind of OS.
Is your dev-team able to compile it and then add it to the repository of Puppy Linux?
I love playing chess, and it will be nice to play chess on my laptop (good for the brain). This project of devellopement can be interesting in the way that your team can become famous beacause I will be the first chess-game available for Puppy Linux. So in my opinion, it's better to use Puppy Linux on some old laptop, because you can easily save your money instead of buying some new expensive laptop juste for surfing accross the internet and editing text ;-)
The repositories used by Puppy Linux are :
puppy woof
puppy-5
puppy-4
puppy-3
puppy-2

I hope my idea will be interesting for you, me, and the community using puppy linux.