Re: [XBoard-devel] next release

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] next release
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:26:36 +0200

I now committed a compromise patch in the hgm4.5.2 branch,
where I don't immediately limit the menu names to just the first
letter when the full names do not fit, but where I gradually clip
the names to a length where the menu bar fits. It kicks in for
square sizes below 45, but accounts for the number of board files.

For all supported square sizes and 8x8 boards it now gives
palatable results with the standard fonts.

As far as I am concerned it is safe to put this in the 4.5.3 release.