[XBoard-devel] save position dialog box

From: Chris Bannister
Subject: [XBoard-devel] save position dialog box
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:41:09 +1300

Hi,

I've just noticed an annoying behaviour with Xboard 4.8.0

When I choose save position from the file command, the dialog box that
pops up shows me a list of folders to choose instead of just showing the
list of filenames in the current working directory.

I don't know when this changed, but I'm finding it a damn nuisance that
it doesn't remember the last folder.

It even tries to second guess the fen name I want to save it as! Bloody
nuisance, as I have to alter that also.

I'm running Xboard on Debian Jessie installed via the package manager.

Is it an xboard problem, or something else.

I truly honestly prefer the older behaviour, where I didn't have to jump
through hoops because it used the same directory as last time.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X