Re: [XBoard-devel] save position dialog box

From: Chris Bannister
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] save position dialog box
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 01:05:19 +1300

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:26:37PM +0100, H.G. Muller wrote:

> Chris Bannister schreef op 1/28/2015 om 7:30 PM:
> >
> >e.g. I start it in dir x/y/z, but when saving a position the dialog
> >seems to assume I'm in x/y and I keep having to choose z *each* time I
> >save a .fen file.
> This is weird, as for me it definitely does NOT do that. That it does it
> each time is normal;
> the file selector is called in a mode that does not change XBoard's current
> directory.
> (If it did, this could have all kind of nasty effects on filenames that were
> given earlier
> through a relative path.) But is should have opened in x/y/z all the time,
> not in x/y.

The directory path in the title bar of xboard is always correct. When a
dialog box opens it seems to have a list of recently used folders, for
example one directory which I could choose was the directory in which I
started xboard, while the other was the Downloads folder.

In the left 'panel' of the dialog box is more folders to choose from
including my home folder.

To be honest, It appears as though it doesn't matter which directory you
start xboard from.

I guess I can learn to live with it now that I see the behaviour.

It would be nice if it automatically opened the last saved location
instead of having to choose it each time.

I wonder if there is some configuration option to make the dialog boxes
behave in a certain way, although I wouldn't expect it to be an xboard
option in that case. :)

Thanks for your help.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X