xenomai-main

[Xenomai-main] Modification scheduler XENOMAI

From: gagchris
Subject: [Xenomai-main] Modification scheduler XENOMAI
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:48:22 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all,

We are using XENOMAI on top of POSIX, we're using it for avionic OS emulation.
Our first tests make us very enthousiam.

But the OS we have to emulate is a little special, it is base on a concept of
partitionning, a partition is a set of process, and these partition are serially
scheduled. and  within each partition processes are schedule "normaly"
eg:

|_____PART1______|___PART2___|_PART3_||_____PART1______|___PART2___|_PART3_|
etc .....

with some process in PART1, some other in PART2 etc....

We have first try to play with schedule, xnpod, and its xnsched struct, we make
it this way because we wanted to "attach" an xnsched per partition, so that we
can "attach" process per partition, and we can make a partition by "just"
switching the xnsched struct in pod struct, but we have had some problems with
isvc that can't be linked in multiple xnsched struct.

What do tou think about this approach?
Do you think that, with this approach, we will have to modify others parts of
XENOMAI?

thanks in advance,
Christian