xenomai-main

Re: [Xenomai-main] Modification scheduler XENOMAI

From: chgans
Subject: Re: [Xenomai-main] Modification scheduler XENOMAI
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:35:24 +0200

Selon Philippe Gerum <address@hidden>:

> address@hidden wrote:
>  > Hi all,
>  >
>  > We are using XENOMAI on top of POSIX, we're using it for avionic OS
> emulation.
>  > Our first tests make us very enthousiam.
>  >
>  > But the OS we have to emulate is a little special, it is base on a concept
> of
>  > partitionning, a partition is a set of process, and these partition are
> serially
>  > scheduled. and  within each partition processes are schedule "normaly"
>  > eg:
>  >
>  >
> |_____PART1______|___PART2___|_PART3_||_____PART1______|___PART2___|_PART3_|
>
>  > etc .....
>  >
>  > with some process in PART1, some other in PART2 etc....
>
> Arinc653?
Yes it is derived from this.

And the partitionning is really a problem for us...
We want to make changes as clean as possible, but the scheduler doesn't seem to
be prepared for this.... and the difficulty is to not break Xenomai abstraction.

Our first idea was to play with the scheduler hook, but we can do nothing
interesting with this.

regards
Christian