xmakemol-discuss

Re: [XMakemol-discuss] Hotkeys do not work

From: Matt Hodges
Subject: Re: [XMakemol-discuss] Hotkeys do not work
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:55:50 +0100

 > > I can't understand what does and what doesn't work.  Are you
 > > saying none of the mouse actions work, and only the <, > and ^
 > > keys do?

 > Yes, exactly.

No warnings if launched from a terminal I suppose, and no problems
with other X applications?

If you ltrace the process what output do you get after, for example,
down-mouse-1?

I don't think you said what version you are using, although there
haven't been (m)any changes in the mouse-related code recently, IIRC.

 > >  > FWIW: I generally disable OpenGL.
 > >
 > > Why?

 > To be honest, because it didn't work on my SuSE 9.x boxes some time
 > ago.  And I use XMakeMol for quick previewing and making very
 > lightweight Fig and Eps files.  So there is simply no need to use
 > OpenGL, which tends to be a (tiny) little bit slower for systems
 > with up to 200 atoms.  I have also tested a standard build: Still
 > no hotkeys apart from <, > and ^.

OK.  I just asked out of interest.

Thanks,
Matt