xouvert-web

[xouweb] Icelandic translation (Re: About Xouvert.)

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: [xouweb] Icelandic translation (Re: About Xouvert.)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 01:18:55 -0700

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 01:55:32AM +0000, ??r?ur ?var Bj?rnsson wrote:
I was wondering how the translations of your website is done, do you
send me a tar archive with all the HTML files and I do this by hand, do
you have some kind of an translation system or do I just translate the
text and send it to somebody in plaintext ( I would be intersted in
translating the website into Icelandic :) Ofcourse I will translate the
HOWTO and FAQ too.

Then I would like to help out with some code hacking ( tho my C
"skills" are nothing to brag about but one can learn ;)

We all update the website exclusively using "arch".

Everyone does the translation in their own way.  But to get your
translation on the website, you must do the following once you have a
xouvert account:

   tla register-archive sftp://address@hidden/xouvert/h2003
   tla get address@hidden/html--mainline--1.0 html
   cd html

Then you edit what is there.  Then to upload your changes you do this:

   tla commit

if you see a line at the bottom of a file that says "arch-tag:" LEAVE IT
ALONE.  Under no circumstances download the page from the website, edit
it, then copy it into the working directory.  Every new text file needs
to have a similar arch-tag: line.  If you make a new directory, or add a
binary file, you will have to do the following command to it:

   tla add-tag <file or dir>

Great to have you on board, Thib.  As soon as you send in at least one
of the pages that you have translated into Icelandic, you will get
commit access for the website.

Jonathan

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2