xouvert-web

[xouweb] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] expert needed: arch doesn't support multi-

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: [xouweb] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] expert needed: arch doesn't support multi-committer archives!
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 01:28:05 -0700

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 04:16:24AM -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
This worked reasonably well as long as I was the only one using it.  But
when I tried to let other people commit to the repositories, the
permissions got mucked up.  I spent time on IRC with Tom Lord, Andrew
Suffield, and some other very helpful souls.  They said that this was a
problem for sysadmins to solve, or at least for a sysadmin to point out
what arch needs to do to enable a solution.

The trick I use is to make an account just for an archive. I then add
each developer's ssh key to that account's authorized_keys.

Thanks James.  That might work in my case, but overall it doesn't seem
to cover each of the 6 cases I mentioned.  For instance, if I only want
one user to be able to commit, but want only a particular group of
people to be able to do checkouts, how can one tell arch about the
permissions scheme?

How SHOULD one be able to tell arch about the permissions scheme?

POSIX ACL's may be nice, but requiring Linux to use arch would be
locking out a lot of *BSD users who would never let us hear the end of
it.

Jonathan

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2