xouvert-web

[xouweb] Re: Question about sentences in the web page

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: [xouweb] Re: Question about sentences in the web page
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:37:13 -0700

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 05:16:04PM +0900, Yoichiro Takehora wrote:
I wonder "and can trivially take it public" means.
Does it mean everyone can "upload" the source which they downloaded and
modified for public use easily?
Or everyone can "download" easily from public Arch server?

Guys, Yoichiro is the volunteer Japanese translator.  Yoichiro,
address@hidden is an email address that forwards mail to
everyone who has anything to do with the Xouvert website, documentation,
or translation.  Next time you have a question about translation work,
it would be good to send it to address@hidden

To answer your question: Neither.  It means "anyone who downloads the
source, can easily set up their own server to let users download it with
arch."  It is much MUCH easier with arch than trying to do this with
CVS.

By the way, the Xouvert website is now being controlled by arch.  When
you send me your first draft, I will give you an account on the server
hosting the repository for the website, then you will be able to edit
the website, add and delete files on your own time without needing to go
through me.

Cheers!

Jonathan

PS: how are the rest of you doing with the new arch archive?  Andri
uploaded his MANIFEST file, but I haven't seen other changes
recently.  Sepp?  Johann?

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2