xouvert-web

[xouweb] Re: Question about sentences in the web page

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: [xouweb] Re: Question about sentences in the web page
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:42:41 -0700

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 09:55:50PM +0000, Johann Henriquez L. wrote:
 but I haven't seen other changes
recently.  Sepp?  Johann?

updated in /es/ index.html, faq.html, howto.html to the very last files found in /. linked xouvert-traffic #1 in /index.html and /es/index.html

Thanks Johann.  I looked at your changes.  It looks like you are really
doing well with arch.  However, I had to back them out of the archive.
Can you please redo them?

You need to delete all your arch working directories, and checkout the
sources again.  Then you need to work with what is in the directories;
do not just copy your html files over top of already existing ones.
THIS MESSES THINGS UP.  I had to revert your changes because you deleted
the tags from the files you worked on.

Arch uses special "tags" at the bottom of the files so it knows what
they are, and can recognize if you moved or renamed the file.  Somehow
you deleted these important tags.

It is an easy mistake to make; we are all learning here.  Johann, your
work is great.  But respect the taglines.  And when you create a new
file, make sure you put a tagline at the bottom of it, you should only
use the "tla add-tag" command for directories and binary files.

A tagline is like this:

/*
* arch-tag: pathname/of/file.c
*/

Or else

# arch-tag: pathname/of/Makefile
#

Or else

<!--
arch-tag: pathname/of/file.html
-->

Once a file has a tagline in it, NEVER change the tagline.  This is
important.  This is what allows us to use arch to rename files and
stuff, yet still be able to track the changes in source trees where they
didn't rename the files.

Cheers!

Jonathan

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2