xouvert-web

[xouweb] Re: Private archives

From: Jonathan Walther
Subject: [xouweb] Re: Private archives
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 02:10:29 -0700

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 04:57:35AM -0400, James Blackwell wrote:
Incidentally, isn't holding a sekrit repository that only a priveledged
few are able to work from a rebuilding of the very same problems the
xfree86 team has?

What secret repository? :-)  We're using the website as a test-case to
get the bugs ironed out of using arch collaboratively.  Once we get that
solved, it will be totally open.  I could make it readable right now,
but I'd rather host the archive on some other server than on my home
server.  I don't want it to get slashdotted; I'm on ADSL.  But to put it
on another server where I don't have root isn't doable at this point;
which is why I posted the questions I did just now.

If Ethan Bensons proposal gets accepted, I will be a very happy camper.

Jonathan

--

It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                    Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   address@hidden
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2