Re: macros for rpath support

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: macros for rpath support
Date: 26 May 2002 12:00:27 +0200

Thanks Bruno,

This is a very welcome addition to Autoconf.  As a matter of fact,
some users had already suggested that we swallow your macros, and Paul
had suggested that we wait until you feel it is mature enough.

It seems that this day has come!

There remains mostly details to settle:  the code will be tranformed
for 2.54, which basically means that 2.13 compatibility stuff will be
removed.  Since you keep backward compatibility, this means we will
have two sets of macros.  For safety, it would be good that we have
two different macro names.  Also, it might introduce some additional
work when changes are needed for one of the sets.  Is that a problem
for you?