Re: Tests, Documentation

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Tests, Documentation
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:33:17 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 20:15, Tom Tromey wrote:

> I could set things up to post the pages to gcc.gnu.org nightly, just
> like we do for the classpath comparison.  This could be expedited if
> somebody sent a simple script to generate the pages.
>
> Is gjdoc ready for this sort of work?

Yes, certainly! One example is what was created during the 0.06 release:
http://klomp.org/mark/classpath/doc/api/html/

The problem is setting gcjdoc up correctly since there has not been an
official gjdoc release. You have to combine gjdoc-proper with either
xsltproc (from libxml2) or with libxmlj (from classpathx) for xslt
transforms. This is really step one. Get a released gjdoc that works out
of the box. Debian used to come with one (natively compiled with gcj
even) but it is now unmaintained... Arnaud is trying again (but now
using kaffe). So hopefully we will have a easy to install gjdoc soon.

There was one issue with HTML entities not being processed correctly.
And some minor glitches with the HTML encoding being used.

The main reason that it is currently not enabled by the Classpath build
system is that we need to generate a real copyright/license on every
page from the actual source file it was generated from (the external
directory contains non-FSF copyrighted source code which might/might not
use the Classpath license-text) and that after the compromise of the
gnu-server earlier this year semi-automatic updating of files on that
machine have been disabled.

Cheers,

Mark