[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.1 plans

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla1.1 plans
Date: 16 Sep 2003 11:11:21 +0900

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
> On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 19:56, Miles Bader wrote:
> > My initial assumption was that you could just match each file twice
> > against the current regexps, once with the basename (as now), and
> > once with the full path.
>
> Ug.  I'd rather see something like this:
>
> directory bla/baz {
>   junk '\.lo'
>   unrecognized '\.c'
> }

Yeah, I like that better too; I was kind of assuing that just extending
the use of the current regexps would be the least-effort way to add this
functionality, but from what Tom's posted, it sounds like that's not
true.

If .cvsignore/.arch-ignore support is added, OTOH, it would map directly
to something like the examples you give above, so maybe arch could
support both methods as alternate ways of specifying the info (uh-oh,
perl here we come!).

-Miles
--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
 you do it."  Mahatma Gandhi