gnu-crypto-discuss

Re: [GNU Crypto] Debian package mostly done and couple of comments

From: Morgon Kanter
Subject: Re: [GNU Crypto] Debian package mostly done and couple of comments
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:03:34 -0400

> > Is it only on Debian systems that the jar files are installed in
> > /usr/share/java? GNU Crypto is installing them directly in
> > /usr/share.
>
> not being a debian user myself, i couldnt answer this question.  may be
> Mark can?

I meant, on other systems, where are jar files usually installed? On
Debian, it's in /usr/share/java, GNU Crypto installs directly to
/usr/share. Where are they normally?
> > Where's the javadoc documentation? I thought I heard something about
> > javadoc documentation, but it's nowhere to be found.
>
> the javadoc html pages are generated by the Javadoc tool from the ANT
> build.xml file.  this will continue until gjdoc, or similar free tool
> is able to do the same job as the javadoc.  for the moment, built-in
> support for the info files (and generation of a PDF version of the
> manual) is there, thanks to Casey's work.

Oh, I haven't seen the PDF version of the manual (actually, I'm
not even aware how to build it).

> i have to admit, i'm not closely following the advancement of gjdoc, so
> if anybody has tried it lately, i would appreciate it if they can
> provide some feedback.

It seems like it's slower than molasses in the winter.

Morgon
--
"Man is the only creature capable of hating itself" -- Governor of Japan
in The End of Evangelion