openvortex-dev

Re: [Openvortex-dev] Alsa-XMMS buffer time weirdness / Quad codec

From: Ryan Underwood
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Alsa-XMMS buffer time weirdness / Quad codec
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 08:39:05 -0500

Hi Manuel,

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 09:30:59PM -0400, Manuel Jander wrote:

> By the way, on ADB address 0x8c and 0x8d i was able to playback audio
> through the "surround" dac (STAC9708 codec). Thats means that quad
> playback is possible. But i was unable to set the codec in quad mode to
> playback a normal stereo stream through 4 speaker. The STAC9708
> datasheet states that this is possible setting a certain bit.

That is easy to do and is covered by my patch for the alsa ac97 codec
support.  You should not worry about the 4-speaker stereo playback, when
we merge with the next upstream release it will be available (it was
committed already).

Having access to 2 discrete DACs will be great though!

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253