Re: [Texmacs-dev] versioning scheme and PDF export

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] versioning scheme and PDF export
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 22:40:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Leo wrote:
> On Monday April 07 2003 12:55, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> > [....]
> > I don't understand what is so unconventional about it.
> > Major releases are of the form a.b, stable releases of
> > the form a.b.c and unstable releases of the form a.b.c.d.
> > That seems pritty standard.
> >
> > I even think that the linux kernel releases, which were
> > mentioned before, have a really odd numbering scheme :^)
>
> Well, how would you label a first maintanence (aka debugging) release
> to the stable 1.0.1 version??
> So far I do not see a natural way of doing it.

At the moment we don't have such maintainance releases.
As said before on this list, most development versions of
TeXmacs are actually quite stable. Approximately one month
before each real stable version, we usually feature-freeze
the unstable distributions and correct all important bugs.
Less important bugs are corrected in the next unstable and
stable versions.