tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Investigating cwdaemon choppiness (please help)

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Investigating cwdaemon choppiness (please help)
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:03:55 +0100

Rein Couperus wrote:

On my system in the shack (800 Mhz athlon with kernel 2.4.19) the cw is extremely choppy from 30 wpm upwards and weight is 0. I use it with weight =3, which is o.k. up to 51 wpm. This is strange, as top says the processor is 95 % idle.

On my development system (1.4 GHz athlon with kernel 2.4.21) I can use weight=0 or weight=1

Wow, thanks Rein.

It seems you found the reason for the conflicting weights Martin has been reporting compared to my setup. I am using a 1.4 GHz Athlon too, Martin is probably using a somewhat slower setup.

I must rethink the cwdaemon data flow and get myself a slower processor to test it...

(this mail CC'd to Martin)

73, Rein (packing bags)

Good luck in Tunesia, see you on the air!

Regards,
Joop PG4I